Work Place Stress - The Symptoms
According to the Health and Safety Executive, some 440,000 people reported work related stress last year which counted for almost 9.9 million days lost due to the condition. That’s a lot of days. Did you know:
“All employers have a legal responsibility under the HSaW act 1974 to ensure the health and safety of their employees, and this includes minimising stress-related illnesses.”
Now, it is all well and good understanding that, but how do you begin to ensure that this is the case? I mean, it isn’t as if stress can be seen – or can it? Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- feeling that you can't cope
- being unable to concentrate
- lacking confidence
- a loss of motivation and commitment
- feeling disappointed with yourself
You might also have emotional symptoms, such as:
- negative or depressive feelings
- increased emotional reactions (for example, you’re more tearful or sensitive)
- irritability or having a short temper
- feeling overwhelmed
- mood swings
You may also get physical symptoms, including:
- diarrhoea or constipation
- aches and pains
- indigestion and nausea
- weight changes
- chest pains or tightness in your chest
Your behaviour might also change and may include:
- eating more or less than usual
- sleeping too much or too little
- isolating yourself from others
- drinking alcohol, smoking or taking illegal drugs to relax
How would you know if the symptoms were due to work or other ‘stuff’ going on in your life? Well, do you take work home? Never able to get things finished? Miss appointments? Work longer hours or miss holiday entitlement? If you are answering yes, then you are most likely suffering from work induced stress.
Working with hypnosis – I can assist you to achieve a deep relaxation, a de-stress – and a re-charge. We will explore the options to reduce this overwhelming feeling and build the strength back. You are not alone – there are many people who just need a little support to feel more in control once again.
Hypnotherapy can help and is an easy, enjoyable and very relaxing way to beat stress.
Ring me to find out more.